Saturday, April 14, 2012

My Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

I'm having a bad day. A very bad day. A no good, very bad day.

With apologies to Judith Vorst and Alexander, I'm having a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

I had to work all day, but I liked that. There were donuts, lots of people, and free pizza for lunch. Unfortunately, after lunch I was going to cut out early to do my taxes... and discovered that I'd lost my keys. A helpful person told me that they'd seen someone throwing them away... so then I went through every trash can in the building.

And found my keys underneath all the donuts and free pizza.

When I finally left work... not early... I drove back to town. I was going to stop at a coffee shop on the way home, but I couldn't find a spot. I finally found a spot. But maybe it was illegal, so after walking into the coffee shop I walked back out and got back in my car. I then went to the second coffee shop on my list of coffee shops to try out.

It wasn't the atmosphere I wanted, but I bought coffee anyway.

I then went to get tacos. They were good tacos, but I hit the world's largest pothole on the way out. World's largest.

Now I'm home. It's seven o'clock, and I still haven't done my taxes. I'm not going to do my taxes. I'm going to sit here and mope while my cat licks taco juice off my fingers.


No comments:

Post a Comment