Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Writing rooms

Okay, I know this is slightly out there. I think that Detroit needs a writing room... Or two.

While I realize that writing rooms often occur in places with high rent where people don't have space to write in their apartments/can't afford an office. There are other benefits of belonging to a writing room, including a heightened sense of community, a place to take lessons/find a critique partner, and an attempt at professionalizing something that can often be done in your pajamas.
In addition, writing rooms provide a safe space to do interviews, a conference table for business meetings, and a place where you don't have to buy coffee every hour in order to justify your existence.

So, I exhort you, people with entrepreneurial spirit.

Come to Detroit.

Buy a building.

Rent a space.

Start a writers room, and i'll be your first member.

Come on. I need access to WiFi.

No comments:

Post a Comment